I am Adegoke Temitayo Diadem and my business partner is Olawole Banji, We also have a host of other people involved in different aspects of our business.
What are the names of your business and what are you into?
Our business name is Euidem Concepts which is an ICT firm with a major goal of providing solutions to life’s problems, using technology as a tool. We render a number of services including Website design, Software development, Mobile apps (Android, IOS, Blackberry) development, Bulk SMS, ICT consultation/training, Sales of ICT tools (Online Store) and ICT sensitization. Our website is www.euidemconcepts.com
Well, if you prefer to use the term CEO or MD, it’s okay. I prefer being referred to as the Team Head because I love to see myself as a member of the team and not as a “Chief Executive” or a “Director”. We all lead and we all follow.
When did you start your business?
The business started officially in 2011 although I have been into graphics and web design for many years. For me, I love creativity and learning. I started the business incidentally after I had made many designs for friends for free and was advised to monetize it. I did and here I am today.
What have you learnt on the business?
I have learnt a lot. I have learnt the faith without work is dead, you don’t just do all the work in your mind, you have to get off the couch and get things started. I have learnt that to succeed in business one has to take calculated risks. I have learnt that been talented is not enough, one have to polish the talent and acquire more skills, learn till you die. I have learnt that superman is but a fiction, sometimes you need more hands. I have learnt a lot about marketing and customer service, I have learnt a lot and I keep learning every day.
How did you get to where you are today?
I will say I am where I am today only by God’s grace and I am not bluffing by saying that. I have also been very committed to learning. I ensure I learn at least one new thing about what I do weekly. I have also learnt to encourage myself and make the best of every situation.
7. What were your challenged and how did you overcome them?
The challenges where many but I actually did not see them as challenges, I saw them as opportunities to improve on myself and my company’s services. One of the main challenges I have faced is the resistance of some Nigerians to changing technologies. To some people, when you mention online transactions, online payments, a replacement of paperwork with software etc, then they are off and it’s quite understandable. I won’t want to mention capital (money) as a challenge because money will always be a challenge; you can never have enough of it. Even if you have billions, you will seek to get trillions. Network issues, power outage etc are constant challenges we face but we easily overcome them by improvising. We use the services of all network providers, use generators and every other thing we can get to be at par.
8. What are your future projections?
We have a lot of projects we have worked on in the past, a lot we are currently working on and many more lined up for the future. We are currently publicising some of our software products (one of which is called Gerant for schools), presently working on our online store and also working on a program for secondary school administrator to help them identify the need of ICT in their services. We hope to help 1000 business access ICT channels and help a minimum of 1000 youths learn and become entrepreneurs before the end of 2016.
And how do you intend achieving them?
We hope to achieve these goals by the continued and sustained expansion of our business. We have all hands on deck and by the God’s grace, the goal will be achieved earlier than proposed.
Do you have any advice for younger entrepreneurs?
Well, I will advise younger entrepreneurs to first of all, believe in themselves, keep their dreams alive and be open to change. It’s not wise to stick to a dream that is not well planned or feasible. Understand what you want to do, be a standard in the field, never stop believing, never stop trying and you will definitely succeed.
Contact Adegoke on 07032623818


No comments:
Post a Comment