Iker Casillas has agreed to leave Real Madrid and will be replaced by David de Gea, report Spanish public service broadcaster Television Espanola.
The Madrid captain still has two years remaining on his contract at the Santiago Bernabeu but according to reports he was told by Madrid of the club’s intention to sign another goalkeeper this summer.
Casillas joined Madrid at nine years old and is one of the most successful players in the club's history, but his form has slumped over the past two seasons and Madrid have now acted.
According to TVE, Casillas, 34, and Madrid have reached an agreement to part ways this summer meaning the captain has played his final game for Los Blancos after 16 years in the club's first team.
Sensational scenes today at the Bernabeu as PSG wield power over the mighty Real Madrid - but Los Blancos get their way with at least one big transfer target.
Madrid are widely expected to tie up a deal for Manchester United's David de Gea as a replacement with TVE reporting he will sign in the coming hours.
"I don't see myself anywhere else next season," the 34-year-old Casillas recently said. "I've already stated that I want to retire here.
"I would like to end my career at Real Madrid. They (the club) recently told me they want me to continue. I am a man of challenges and last year I had a big one and I overcame it."
Marca says De Gea is "very close" to becoming a Real Madrid player and that the Spanish giants will pay €25m (£18.2m) up front, with another €5m in add ons for the Spain international.
De Gea, shortlisted for the PFA Player of the Year award, is out of contract at the end of next season so United will not realise much of a profit on a player they bought for £17.8m in 2011.
Television Espanola report that up to 10 clubs have shown an interest in Casillas, who has won three Champions League titles during his time at the Bernabeu.

No comments:
Post a Comment