Sergio Ramos has ended months of speculation about his future by signing a five year new deal at the Bernabeu.
The 29-year-old Ramos, who has been at Real Madrid for 10 years after joining from Sevilla as a teenager, has agreed a new deal that will keep him at the Bernabeu until 2020.
And he spoke publicly at an official contract-signing presentation on Monday, as the club officially announced a three-year extension to a deal which would originally have run out in June 2017.
"I want to stay at this club and enjoy it as long as I can," said Ramos.
My heart and my head has always been with Real Madrid... My happiness is here, why would I waste time anywhere else?"
"My happiness is here, why would I waste time anywhere else? I've never been motivated by money, just happiness and my family. I've always wanted to retire here" - Sergio Ramos
“To be part of this club is a dream... I've never been motivated by money, just happiness and my family. I've always wanted to retire here."
"Being the captain of Real Madrid has always been an honour for me, but it’s also a great responsibility.
“I have no fear for the BernabĂ©u. I hope they will give me the love that I have always received from them."
Club president Florentino Perez also spoke at the announcement.

No comments:
Post a Comment